Mittwoch, 4. Februar 2009

Anthropology

I forgot my PIN at the grocery store checkout on Monday evening. They took my groceries and I had to walk home to get the PIN and take the bus back. Fortunately, all my stuff was there in my cart waiting when I returned.

I discovered that under stress I can neither speak nor understand German.

I went to the mall and stopped into a store that had Levi's. Their dressing rooms were booths with short doors, so you could actually stand there without your pants on and look all the other shoppers in the eye.

I realized that when I'm nervous, like when I'm standing half-naked in the middle of a store trying to speak German to a salesman, I sweat a lot.

4 Kommentare:

  1. Wow. Great snapshot of discomfort.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I realized that hearing about someone else in uncomfortable situations makes my stomach turn and my throat get dry.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Roar! The simplest things are IMPOSSIBLE in another country. Can't a man buy groceries and try on pants in peace?

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Oh wow. I once had to give back all my shopping because "Plus" wouldnt take my EC-Card. That was bad even with speaking the language...

    AntwortenLöschen