Dienstag, 23. September 2008

Day 3

Day 3 (Thursday, 18. Sept. 2008)



I finally got to use the internet today.

I walked around Berlin Zentrum from Potsdamer Platz to Checkpoint Charlie to the Alexanderplatz and then back to Potsdamer Platz. I took oodles of pictures. I'll put those in my Picasa Web album (link on the right) as soon as I can.







At the park in front of the Berliner Dom some crazy 12 year-old gypsy kid came up to me and said, “Speak English?” I gave the only right answer to that question: “Nein.”

Deutsch?” he answered back. I got that one right, too: “No.”

That made him laugh. Or rather, it made him pretend to laugh. As he continued beside me his face was a frozen rictus issuing this too-loud, too-long staccato laugh. I got really uncomfortable and wanted to push him down.

After a few more steps he sensed another victim and veered off toward her. “Speak English?” Ick. Creepy.

Also, I saw two rats, one dead and one alive. I took pictures of both.

1 Kommentar:

  1. I say push down a few gypsy kids. They'll know not to mess with you.

    AntwortenLöschen