Montag, 27. Oktober 2008

Terror Cell

I know that title is going to get my blog many visits by the lovely people in the Department of Homeland Security, but it fits, so I’m using it.

You see on Saturday night my friend Elizabeth and I went to this area called Neuköln that was described to us in all seriousness as a “terror cell”. That’s where I took a picture of this arsenal.



I suppose the apparent danger of the trip would have bothered me a lot more if I weren’t dazzled by the prospect of the lecker authentic Turkish food to be found in the nucleus of this terror cell.

Of course my tension was relieved by the genuinely reassuring name of the street on which we sought our restaurant:



We ended up eating at the most authentic looking restaurant we could find, an Egyptian place called Café Barbar Aga.



I didn’t take pictures of the rugs and hookah-smoking men inside because I didn’t want anyone to crash a plane into me. But I did manage to capture this imageless video from inside my coat of the evening’s live entertainment.



Is it just me or does he sound like he’s singing backwards?

It couldn’t have been a very orthodox place, though, because the big screen TV in the corner was playing American music videos.

Need I say how much I thoroughly enjoyed eating Egyptian food in Berlin under the glow of the Dixie Chicks?

1 Kommentar:

  1. Sounds like a lot of fun. Except for having to listen to that guy singing, but, sometimes the gods just hand you material for mocking.

    AntwortenLöschen